A library attached to or associated with a college and used by students and staff of the college is known as a college library. The objectives of college libraries are as discussed below.
- It helps in all educational and instructional programs of the college.
- It develops a habit of deep and advanced studies of subjects beyond the text books of subjects in students.
- It enhances the understanding of different subjects or disciplines among the students.
- It prepares the students as intelligent, aware, informative, and enlightened citizens to play the role of a responsible citizen.
- It assists the research work and lays down the initiative basis for research work in students.
- It provides the staff with the latest updates in their respective subject areas.
- It provides healthy entertainment material to its users.